Thursday, April 19, 2007

Things I learned in the middle of the night

I was up last night from 12:30-6:30 with a sick kid. I had a few revelations and thought I would pass them on to you.

  1. Birds chirp at 1am. . . . right outside my window.
  2. People do shop at walmart at 1:45 am. They are just weird, drunk, or crazy like me.
  3. Counting sheep does not work (2 am)
  4. Warm milk does nothing for inducing sleep. If anything, it makes you want a little snack. (2:10am)
  5. I have always heard that watching kids and babies sleep is so peaceful. I must be a bad person. It made me bitter. (3 am)
  6. I would not suggest plucking your eyebrows when you are sleep deprived and you can't turn on any lights except your flashlight. You will regret your decision when the sun comes up. (3:20am)
  7. Spiders come out when it is dark. Wear socks (3:55am).
  8. People can feel you staring at them when they are sleeping.
    They do not wake up happy when they realize you don't need anything. (4:10am)
  9. People that tell you to call them anytime, really don't mean it. 5am
  10. Only really sleep deprived, whacked out individuals blog before the sun is up.

7 comments:

Heidi Londt said...

I'm assuming your sick child was not throwing up, right? :) Otherwise it would probably be your husband writing this blog. Ha, ha! I hope you get some sleep tonight, Sandi!

Sandi said...

very true heidi - it was madeline with 105.4 degree temp. long night

Tinsie said...

Hahaha these are very important lessons. Hope you sleep better tonight.

robkroese said...

Man, that sucks. The thing about plucking your eyebrows made me laugh. Desperate for entertainment, are we?

Rachel H said...

Sandi, your blog is hilarious! I will have to bookmark it and check in on you often! I hope you get some rest and your little one recovers quickly!

Jenny said...

Plucking eyebrows does not sounds like a good idea when tired. I can barely do it correctly when I'm alert :-)

Hope the sickie is feeling better!

anna kin said...

well, can't relate since I have never in my life plucked my eyebrows (and, YES, I am a woman) but I sure enjoyed reading it!