Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Wonderful Night at Walmart

It's official. I am totally done with Walmart. Let me tell you what happened last night. After I finish getting all my groceries, which is so fun to do on a Friday night, I mean, I felt really cool - Anyway, I unloaded all my stuff on the belt. I crammed and stacked stuff so I got it all out at once. You know what I'm talking about. The lady started to scan my stuff but discovered something was broken with her machine. She called for the manager and told me to hold on for just 1 minute and they will get it fixed. 1 minute turned into 15. She then walked off to see where he was and I quickly loaded all my stuff back into my cart before she came back. I managed to do this and ran off to another checkout row. Got in line, unloaded my stuff again. Next comes incident #2. The person in front of me started haggling the checkout lady because the price was ringing up different than advertised. They started arguing . I starting crying. Not really but I probably could have. You see, they weren't holding the line up for 10 minutes over a lot of $, but over 20 cents on a loaf of bread. That's right. Do you feel like crying with me. The thought of waiting here another minute got to me. So I butted in and said, "Can I just pay for the difference, please. I can spare the 20 cents." It was a no go. The person told me it was the principle of the matter. I wanted to smash their bread and blame it on the principle of the matter, but I had Savannah with me. She would have told Todd and busted me. So, I loaded my stuff up again. The joy this brought me is indescribable.

I went to another checkout line. Proceeded to unload my stuff for a third time and checkout.
Spent 15 minutes getting groceries, 26 minutes checking out.

No more walmart for me, at least until I run out of food.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I also HATE shopping at Wal-Mart! I feel your pain. I've clipped coupons, hit during sells, etc... but the "real" grocery stores still seem to be more expensive. If I'm wrong on this, let me know! I envy those who shop at real stores and not the dreaded Wal-Mart...

Eric and April Colquett said...

I hate Super Wal-Mart too! But, I have found the Neighborhood market to be very wonderful - I've never had a problem trying to check out there.