Saturday, January 20, 2007

I've Discovered Jack

Ok, so yesterday at the Library I was checking out and I happened to glance at the DVD section and saw 24 season 1. I thought might as well see what all the hype was about. Todd and I were told how great it was, so we gave it a whirl. Here is what I thought of 24:
1. Totally Addicted now! We have only seen the first 7 hours and it was great.
2. Love the real time thing. Of course you invest hours watching it and only progress 1./2 a day on the show.
3. Jack Bauer - He is one cool dude.
4. What is up with Nina? She really bugs me and I mean the minute we met her. She seemed whiny and insecure and bossy. What a great combination. Her skinny legs sticking out of her skirt with out hose really annoy me. Is she a dirty agent? I kind of hope so, so maybe she will get killed off (don't tell me). Yes , I saw where Jack "fake" shot her.
5. Senator Palmer - Wow, it's the Allstate guy. Have you seen him lately in the commercials? He convinces me that Allstate is great, so when he appeared as the Presidential candidate, I was sold.
6. Another thing about Palmer - Does he give in and cover up his son's little murder problem? Does he win the presidential race? Don't tell me. Speaking of his son, why is he so short and Palmer is so tall?
7. Let's talk about Jack a minute. I like that he is a renegade and does his own thing. He has some tricky moves too. I like when he cut that guy's thumb off , even though I wasn't watching and Todd had to tell me about it. He also has some cool toys. Supped up suburban. The portable scanner is a nice touch. My only downfall with Jack is that he had an affair with Nina and you know how I feel about her (see above). His wife seems ok, kind of hysterical and her hair is kind of bizzare like she is growing it out after a bad haircut. But I gained a little respect after she nailed the fake Alan York with a rock and knocked him out. I probably would have kept running or taken the car but there were 27 minutes left, that would have taken about 30 seconds.
8. The kidnapped daughter. Seems nice enough for a teenager except why is she becoming friends with her kidnapper? She needed to whack him with the shovel and run. And learn to wear age appropriate clothing.
9. Jaime - the computer girl. so sad that she appears to be dirty. I liked her.
10. 24 is intense, but entertaining. I found myself getting tensed up.

So if you see me, please don't talk about anything past 6am season 1 (until I get caught up). Does anyone have any of the past seasons on DVD that we can borrow?????
Have a good day my fellow Jack fans.

1 comment:

faye said...

welcome to our world...you'll never be the same...