Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Kind of Parent I Am

The other day my friend called. Did I mention she is the Pastor's wife? So my sweet friend asks what I was doing. Hmmm. How exactly do I answer?

My friend who is a great mom was probably teaching her kids bible verses or filling their minds with the things of God. You know, the good stuff.

Should I tell her what I am about to do or what I am currently doing.
Yep, honesty won out.

Me: "Well, I am, uh, actually teaching my kids the dance to Napoleon Dynamite."

(slight pause . . . Then me making excuses quite fast. )

"It's really clean you know and I am about to start dinner. Good exercise etc."

Before you start to question my parenting skills, admit it, you wish you could do that dance too. It's totally awesome. Most of you have probably already tried it but do it in secret.

Next party, I will show you my skillz.

(My friend did call back in case you were wondering)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hee hee, you're funny.

David and Bethany said...

You're hilarious!! I admit it--I wish I could do that dance!! ;)

robkroese said...

The pastors' wives I know aren't that uptight. They might not have a clue who Napoleon Dynamite is, but that's another matter.