Monday, March 05, 2007

What Not to Do When You First Meet Someone

So I went to introduce myself to my new neighbor yesterday. I cross the street and walk up to him. He is working on his fence that fell down.

I say "Hi, I'm Sandi and I live right there." He introduces himself. I forgot his name. He says, "We have been meaning to bring cookies to all the neighbors but haven't gotten around to it." I said, "Yeah me too. I have been meaning to bring you some cookies but we keep eating them all."

As soon as it came out, I wished I could stuff those words right back in. He of course had no comment.

He was wearing a Vote For Pedro shirt. I said "Sweet" shirt. I was trying to be funny like Neoploen Dynamite. . . I didn't pull it off. He gives me a charity smile. Just see the movie. It's better.

So at this point I am 0 for 2.

He tells me he doesn't have kids yet but maybe oneday. I said, "I have four. You can borrow 1 or more anytime. I have all ages." I start to chuckle at my hilarity. . . my nameless neighbor did not.

Uggg - the word vomit. It keeps on coming. What is the matter with me. He of course had to get back inside immediately. Can you blame the guy?!

I go back inside and take a look in the mirror. My hair is of course wild and crazy. There are a few little feathers in it from my feather pillow and I have a pillow crease on my cheek from my nap. Lovely.

Did I forget to mention that I was wearing my green Camp K shirt and bright red sweat pants. Good combination. On top of everything else, he probably thinks I am color blind.

3 comments:

Beth Goff said...

Very funny story! Sorry your jokes didn't turn out so well!! I'm sure everything will be okay and he wont think you are the crazy neighbor!
I also like your blog about Bill and being cool... I think you are pretty cool! :) Bill still does a lot of work for our church here in California... he is pretty cool!
Karolines birthday is tomorrow... March 6th!! I can't believe she is one already!! Hope your 4 little ones are doing well!! God bless, oh, and I hope your Bible study goes well!!
Beth Goff

Unknown said...

You are hilarious! You have got to be one of the best writers I know. I also have a very embarrassing "neighbor" story, but we won't get into that! Hey, I think everything you said was very funny! :)
Kim

Tinsie said...

I'd have laughed at the comment about borrowing your kids, and the one about the cookies wasn't bad either.
Perhaps your neighbour just hasn't got a GSOH?