Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Big Tuna is Canned!

Disclaimer: This is totally boring if you don't like football.


Monday, Coach Bill Parcells retired, via email. All I can say is hooray. I was waiting for him to get fired or leave for 3 years now. I was definitely not a Parcells fan. Todd says, "But Sandi, he is a LEGEND." I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have heard that lately. A legend huh.

It got me to thinking. What really is a legend? What makes someone so special they become a legend? After some serious thought, here is Sandi Walker's requirements of becoming a legend and if Big Bill meets them.

1. You have to be memorable, a little controversial and maybe even somewhat notorious.
*I guess the "New Jersey Con Man" fits criteria #1
2. When people think of you, some sort excitement surges through their brain
* Not now, only excitement is because he is gone. (Does not meet)
3. Sets new fashion trends
* I think we can all agree here that Bill needs a little help in that area. See picture below.





4. A legend's life work breaks all barriers.
*With the Cowboys' postseason appearance in 2003, Parcells became the first coach in NFL history to lead four different teams to the playoffs. Todd thinks that is so awesome. Well, I have lead four different kids into Walmart, with no nap...on a Saturday afternoon. He is one of only five coaches (Don Shula, Dan Reeves, Dick Vermeil, and Mike Holmgren) in NFL history to have led two separate teams to the Super Bowl. (I guess he qualifies)
5. A legend is a person of integrity.
*Don't really know much about Bill, but when he retired, he let the people of DFW know via email and no media interviews. Then he turns around and does a 31 minute interview up in New York. I guess he forgot about all the fans who bought tickets, season ticket holders, and the people who bought all the cowboys merchandise and supported this team. He owes them a reason. (sorry Bill, you didn't meet requirement #5)

So, Bill, your score is 2 out of 5.

No comments: