Thursday, January 25, 2007

24 - round two

So last time we talked, I was only up to 6am season 1. 10 hours and a bottle of tums later, here is what I think:

Kim, the teenage daughter still totally bugs me. I mean she likes that loser Rick who kidnapped her. I just want to shake her. Just don't get it. Also, she totally disobeys her parents. Jack says, "Don't move. It dangerous." What does the little twit do, she moves and almost gets nailed by a sniper. It's not like her dad was telling her anything complicated, but she is rebellious. Are all teenagers like that? Is her IQ just low? How could you go against freakin Jack Bauer?! oh another thing while I am on my Kimberly tangent, when she finds out her mom is pregnant, she is "like mom, why didn't you like tell me you were trying." All I can say Kim is NYOB - stay out of it. (For all of you over 30, just ask a 12 year old what NYOB is) Kim - ugggg. I am predicting many episodes of frustration that she will be bringing me in the future.

Senator Palmer, you know, I really like this guy. His voice is really soothing. He should do books on tape. His wife is a little white house hungry and is kind of shady but I think I can overlook that for now because she dresses nice and I like her lipstick. You know what I find interesting about him. He doesn't seem to care how his race is going. I mean it is the primary election as they remind you 24 times, before each episode. He doesn't ask his staff for exit polls or anything - he is one confident senator. That's why I like him. Also, he is one tough dude. When he demands to see Bauer at CTU, he will not take no for an answer. He sees Jack and straight up asks why are you trying to kill me? (I will get to my thoughts on Jack in a minute) Jack persuades him that he is not a killer and all is well, at least for the next 5 minutes. My last thing about Palmer, I like how he isn't going to run to Nebraska to get away from the assassins but says he wants to stay and smoke them out. Oh yeah! That's the kind of president I like. Kind of reminds me of Harrison Ford in Airforce 1.

Jamey - computer girl / traitor. She committed suicide - what!!! That was a total shocker there. She was telling us this boring sob story of how she did it all for he son and she loves him and then she slices her wrists. I thought they would teach you to be tougher at CTU, you are fighting terrorist for crying out loud. And if you want to commit suicide, why would you slice your wrist with a broken coffee mug? swallow some poison or knock your head against the wall or something.

Milo - like him, he is freakishly tall and skinny and his goatee is really thin, but he is smart.

Terri, the wife, I like her a little more. She has Nina all figured out. I am starting to like her short hair a little bit better too, just a little bit. So she is pregnant, that was a twist, not too shocking but more interesting. I just wanted her to tell Nina, "I'm pregnant, na na na na na na, I'm having Bauer's baby not you." But she doesn't. I guess she is more civilized than me. I was impressed how she killed the bad guy and was trying to get away, she is dodging bullets (all with stomach pains) but then she get lost with a personal GPS. I saw that GPS. It was totally cool. Even a blind person could find their way to the water tower. whatever. Jack rescued her as usual and they head back to CTU, then the safe house. That's where I left off.

Nina - ugg, still don't like her, and acting like a woman scorned is really obnoxious. when she talks,all I hear is blah blah blah. Jack, I will say it again, what in the world were you thinking?!!! Anyway, Nina is acting a little suspicious. You know I still think and desperately hope she is a bad agent so she will die. Plus her debriefing skills are terrible. Wasn't she trained better at CTU? When she is debriefing Kim and Terri at the safehouse, she doesn't ask any good questions. She was like, who's Rick, how did you meet him. What, who cares about Rick, lets find Gaines you idiot. I would at least have a notebook and pretend to write stuff down to look smart or something. Nina has to go. I am not a fan.

Robert Ellis- Jack's friend from "Operation Nightfall." We first meet this guy in a smokey club in New Orleans, gambling and smoking. I like him already. He says the greatest line I have ever heard . "If you could read what is in my eyes, you would crawl under a rock and cry." WHAT! That is awesome. Did he just say that? Yep, I replayed it about 12 times. I started saying it around here but it doesn't get the same reaction. My coolness factor is lacking. Anyway, Robert is introduced. I am intrigued. He is the most interested character on the show besides Jack. I am looking forward to these 2 cowboys fighting terrorists, using cool CTU toys, slinging one liners around. And what do the producers of 24 do? They kill him off 15 minutes later. 20th Century Fox, can you hear my cry of outrage! What were you thinking. These are the same people that brought us Nina. Let's move on.

Jack , Jack, Jack, the hero. (Imagine with me here, a low, gravely voice, like you have had a few cuban cigs )

"Right Now, terrorist are plotting to assassinate a Presidential candidate . . . My wife and daughter are in danger . . . And people that I work with may be involved with both . . . I am Federal Agent Jack Bauer. . . and this . . .is the longest day of my life."

Jack, it's been a long day for me too buddy watching you all in 1 sitting, but I do it. What can I say about Jack. It amazes me how many fights and gun shoot outs, car chases etc. he goes through, yet his hair still looks good. I wish I knew his secret. Jack's been a busy guy, he has discovered who the terrorist are, saved his family, only for them to get in danger again, got arrested, then reinstated, beat up a couple of guys, shot a few, stabbed one, he is also trying to discover who the mole is in CTU. What can this guy not do. One thing that impresses me about Jack is how he ends phone conversations. He just hangs up. You have to be really cool to pull that off. He gets to the point and moves on. He doesn't waste anybody's time saying bye or talk to you later. It's just. . click...
Love that. Think I am going to try it. Don't be offended.

Well, I am up to 4PM. What's going to happen? Will Palmer get whacked? Will Nina's jealousy about Terri come to a head? Will Kim get some sense? Will Jack at last save the day and get some sleep?

Have a good day my fellow Jack fans.

No comments: